Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Using Your Kraft- Practical Scrappers

Today we are showcasing 10 different things you can do with Kraft paper on the Practical Scrappers blog. I know I love to use Kraft as my neutral in a lot of my layouts and cards. I like it as a background for the most part though I have been finding other ways to use it as well and love the other projects the design team came up with.

For my project I stuck with the background idea but spiced it up by using my embossing machine to create a subtle heart design on the kraft. I also tried to bring more interest by using the negative cut of a heart shape I had cut with my Cricut. I then backed the heart with different strips of bright colored washi tape. I love how the bright colors seem to pop against the kraft background. I finished off by punching a heart out of the leftover kraft and pop dotting it off the background providing some dimension while keeping the focus on the bright colored heart.


For some reason I had a very hard time getting the kraft to show up the way I wanted it to in the pictures. It seems very dull here. Time to take some editing classes. :)

Have a super day and don't forget to check out the link to the card contest on the Practical Scrappers website. Tomorrow is the entry deadline for the first round. Any card with the Valentine or love theme is welcome. Prizes involved, just sayin!

Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.