Friday, January 4, 2013

1st Stop Layout- Practical Scrappers

Good morning. So excited to be with you this morning and share the full reveal of my first layout for as a design team member for Practical Scrappers. Today we were challenged with a sketch created by another DT member, Liz Chidester. Here is the sketch we used:


Gorgeous isn't it?? Here is my take on Liz's great sketch:


I had this fun picture of me with my sister in law and mother in law as we started a girl's shopping trip for Christmas presents. I don't have many pictures of the three of us together so I thought it would be a perfect one to scrap. I used papers from the Citrus Twist December Kit for this project along with other products I already had that matched the Pink Paislee in the kit. I love, love their City Sidewalks holiday line so it was fun to use some of the matching banner pieces and patterned sheets that I had been waiting to use. (This post will remind you of how I got this gorgeous line.)  I liked the contrast of the pale blue against the red. Since I only had one picture, I thought it would be fun to use one of the sleeves from our coffee cups in place of the other pictures on the sketch since we started our day out at Starbucks.  I loved working with Liz's sketch.
I would love for you to head over to the Practical Scrapper's blog and check out my layout there along with the layouts of the rest of the design team. It's fun to see how one sketch can be interpreted so many different ways.  The link to the blog is at the top of the page. While you are there be sure to say hi and let them know you came from my blog. And if you are here from the Practical Scrappers site for the first time, Welcome! I would love to hear what you think and have you sign up to follow my blog. Love connecting with my readers.

Have a wonderful weekend! New things coming next week :)
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Fun Starbucks page, Lisa! I love the picture itself and the felt - great job! Your blog itself is lovely, bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.