Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013!

Today is an exciting day. I always love ushering out an old year and beginning a new one. It brings a feeling of newness, a feeling that things can start fresh again. It's also an exciting day because today I see a goal that I set for myself accomplished, and a beginning of a new journey for me as I join my first Design Team at Practical Scrappers. Scrapbooking is more than just something I do to pass time. It is something that I have grown to love. It is a way to preserve the moments and memories that make up my family and our lives. It is a way to express the creativity I find coming to the surface when I sit down at my desk. The longer that I have scrapbooked, I find that it has become less of a hobby and more of an art.  Over the past year I have felt the urge to expand my crafting and to share what I create with others. I have joined challenges, won contests, become a part of an online group that has become a very good group of friends, I have guest designed for a kit company and now I have become a member of an incredible design team filled with amazing artists that I can't wait to work alongside and learn from. I am truly excited and humbled to join with this group to bring some crafty inspiration to you each month.

The team I am joining is the Ten Things team. Every Tuesday we will be taking a product or technique and show you ten different ways you can use that particular thing in your crafting. I will also be joining in on Sketch Challenges and special posts throughout the year. Other days will showcase other teams bringing you new trends, off the page projects and other challenges as well. The entire design team is being introduced today on the  Practical Scrappers blog. Come check it out.

I'll leave you today with a sneak peek of my first project for the team that is coming up on Friday.



Looks yummy!
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! Congratulations on being on the Practical Scrappers team! I am looking forward to working with you on the Ten Things Team. It's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.