Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Using Transparency and some My Mind's Eye faves!

Whew! I wasn't sure I was going to get this done and posted today but I've finally had two seconds to sit down. I've been on the run trying desperately to get everything done and in order before I go in for surgery tomorrow. Nothing too big or terrible but it will have me down for a couple of days and that always means massive preparations in advance. I don't know why I stress so much because I have an extremely capable husband who will have this house running better than I usually do. (He makes me feel inadequate sometimes! lol)

Anyway, today is a Ten Things Tuesday at Practical Scrappers and this week's fun is centered around transparencies and clear embellishments. I chose to use my Cricut to make an embellishment for my page. I wanted to give some dimension and add a glossy layer to a butterfly. I first cut two butterflies from some My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I folded the butterflies in the middle and glued them together making sure they dried with the wings separated giving the butterfly some movement. I then cut the same butterfly shape from some transparency I had. I wanted to run a couple of strokes of paint on the underside of the transparency to let it stand out a little bit from the patterned paper.



 Once that dried I took the transparency and stapled it to layered butterfly I had already created and my embellishment was ready to add to my page.




Don't you love these pictures?? These are pictures my sister snapped as we were walking back to the car after taking all the kids out for a photo shoot. They might be the best ones from the day :)  Also, did you see the title? Those are stickers printed on transparency. Just another way to add that clear look!

Lisa


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.