Friday, February 22, 2013

Top Ten!

Wow! We are getting down to the end. Only two more weeks to go before the winner of the Practical Scrappers Card Contest is announced. I know the competition was tight last week and I am surprised and excited to see that I have made it into the top 10. This weeks entry had to be a black and white card with a pop of color. The pop of color had to be 25% or less of the card so that the black and white remained the majority colors. The card had to also include at least some type of stitching or stitched look.

Here is my entry:


I chose to use blue as my pop of color. A friend had sent me some beautiful blue flowers that I thought would work well. I did want them to have a bit of a deeper color so I spray misted them with a touch of a aqua color mist to make them pop a bit more, I love the new trend of polaroid frames so I decided to use one I had in my stash and cover it with this Echo Park black and white diamond paper I had.  I liked the contrast of the polka dots showing through the frame. I lifted the frame with pop dots to give a little of a dimensional look and laid it over a piece of black cardstock I ran through my Texture Boutique. 

So excited to be getting close to the end and really hoping to make it through this round. I have to say there are some awesome cards this week and it's going to be tough. Head on over to the site and cast your vote. You get to choose two this week. ( And I'm hoping one of those votes will be for me!)

Have a super weekend!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.