Saturday, September 22, 2012

We Made It

Yeah! It's Saturday. This week has been such a long one and I am ready for a good weekend! Between migraines, a boy with bronchitis, another boy who is on crutches after a missed back flip on the trampoline at dive practice, and a drain back up that pretty much turned our finished basement into a not so finished one, I am looking forward to a trip to the mountains today and a visit with some of our best Lincoln friends!

Today we are headed to Pikes Peak where we will take the Cog Rail train to the top. My father in law recently turned 70 and his love is trains. At first we were talking about doing the Durango train or something similar, but with everyone's schedules it was impossible to find a time that worked. That may have to happen next summer. For now, this is the only weekend we don't have football games and everyone else had Saturday open so off we go. It's supposed to be a little hazy from the continuing fires in the Northwest so I'm not sure what kind of pictures I can capture, but I am hoping to get some action from my new camera and maybe grab some great shots. Tomorrow we have some friends driving through Denver on their way to New Mexico and they will be staying with us. So excited to spend some time with them. We are missing our Lincoln friends so badly! Last night I was saying something about having company and Nathan gave the typical teenage response of  "Who's coming now?" (insert the "ugh, now I have to give up my room and you sure didn't ask me attitude"). I told him it was Jason and Elizabeth and he perked up and said, "Oh, well that one's OK then. They'll be fun". So now we are ALL on board and are excited to have them come.

So we are in the middle of our several months of birthday after birthday and I have totally run out of cards in my stockpile. I spent some time this week trying to rectify that situation. Unfortunately life circumstances didn't quite line up with my intentions, but I did get a few done that I want to share. I love to make cards, it is a favorite crafty pursuit of mine. I love the feeling of giving something I've created to someone else. I also like that I can use what I have on hand instead of spending $4.00 a card! :) (nothing like being a little thrifty)


The first is a girly card that I made for a good friend of ours that just turned 11. When I get a chance to go girly I usually take it since there isn't too much of that going on in my house.  I used an older 6x6 pad of My Mind's Eye that I had on hand and used my Cricut to cut the borders and the butterfly.  Had to add a little bit of bling to bring it all together. 


This is a gift card holder I made for my nephew. I have started making more of these lately since all the kids have gotten older and they tend to like the cash or cards better.  The inside opens and says, "See dude, I speak your language!". There is a little pocket inside for the cash as well. This was made with left overs from my Basic Grey Picadilly layout as well as a Jillibean Soup label. 

Have a great weekend. Hope to have some fun pics to share from Pikes Peak.
Lisa



2 comments:

  1. I love the sentiment on that last card. That's too cute!!! I may have to borrow it. Seriously cool cards. I hope you lucked out and got good shots with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I loved visiting your blog and seeing the different sketches and layouts you have. I'm definitely planning on following you pretty closely. (not a stalker, although that sounded a little like it!lol)
      Thanks for checking out my blog. Hoping you'll find it one you come back to.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.