Saturday, March 15, 2014

It's Sketch Time with S.W.A.T.

Hello again. It's time for the second March drill with S.W.A.T. and this time we get to play with a fabulous sketch. I had some pictures of Nathan's field day from kindergarten (yes, I am that far behind when I go back to chronological scrapping) and decided to try to take the sketch farther and make it into a double page layout. I decided the best way to use it was to use the sketch in it's original form for the first side and then I rotated the sketch 180 degrees and used it for the second page. I like the way it turned out.

First here is the sketch that we are using for this challenge.



This is what I came up with. I liked the circle shape of the doilies and thought that worked well with the schoolish theme of the pictures. I also decided to use a picture where the subtitle would have gone on the second page and used more than one photo in the main area of both sketches. I love to take sketches and use them as a jumping point to incorporating my own ideas.



Don't you love the Imaginisce Childhood memories line that I used here. So bright and perfect for those elementary years. I also used my Cricut to cut out the title as well as the arrows and circles. I added the splatters onto the background because it was looking extremely plain. I am still not sure I should have, but what's done is done.

Thanks for joining me today and make sure you check out all of the fun projects from the design team on the S.W.A.T blog. There is a prize pack of new Gelattos up for grabs if you take time to join in this challenge with us. I would love to see you there!

Have a super Saturday.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.