Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ten Things Tuesday- Fabric

Hey everyone. We are just back from a long weekend in Nebraska and today has been a catch up day. And maybe a little bit of a pouting day as I miss my super friends already. We had the best weekend catching up and hanging out with everyone.
Today is a Ten Things Tuesday over on the  Practical Scrappers blog. Our challenge was to use fabric on our project. Fabric is something I don't use a lot of. I am most definitely not a sewer. I was kicked off my mother's sewing machine during our junior high Home Ec class and never tried again. Never! It was bad. Luckily there is no sewing involved in today's project but there is fabric and I found that it is really fun to play with.


You can see that I used this pretty brown and blue patterned fabric as the background for my card. I frayed the edges a bit to give it a fun look. Then I took a large gluber and a long strip of blue fabric and ruffled it around the edge of the gluber. I topped that with the orange fabric circle and then punched  a scallop out of some scrap paper. Finally I topped it with a button made with my Epiphany Crafts button punch. I like how it turned out. The colors are fun with that little pop of orange.

Take a look at the rest of the ideas the team has for fabric on your layouts and cards. And don't forget to scroll up to my last post for the giveaway. I had some posting problems and couldn't get them fixed from out of town so I am going to leave it open for the rest of this week. I will pick a winner this weekend.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.