Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sketch Time at S.W.A.T.

I am definitely missing in action lately! I have been so busy with end of the school year stuff, getting ready for my surgery next week and attending to all the other details that life keeps throwing our way. This weekend has been all about getting it done! I made my list yesterday and just started methodically going through each one and marking it off. I love the feeling of checking something off, the problem is I don't see the list getting any more manageable yet. Today I am hoping to get my plants and start working on my garden.

Yesterday was another drill day for S.W.A.T. This time it was a sketch challenge using a sketch created by design team member Becci.


I worked with some older photos of my boys on their first day of school in 2004...yes I am that far behind sometimes! Aren't they sweet?? Where did those cute boys go anyway? Just kidding. They are still adorable, just in a teen age, stinky boy way. :) While I didn't follow the sketch in the exact way, I took the basic elements of the sketch and tried to make it work with what I had. I still feel like the bottom right side is missing something but I am going to let it sit and grow on me or wait until I come up with that perfect idea. 


Head over to the blog and join us by linking up your take on the sketch. There is a fabulous prize pack filled with papers and embellishments you will love.

Thanks for checking in. And Heidi, if you will contact me with your shipping info I will send out the prize that you won all the way back on NSD!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Great layout!! The colors and embellies are perfect

    Www.theeverydayscrapbooker.weebly.com

    Ali (twinlets mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took the elements that worked for you and changed the sketch to suit! That's the great thing about working with sketches - you can adapt them to suit your style! Love the blue numbers and those chipboard pieces! I think it looks fine as is. Did you make any changes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alison Day
    I haven't made any changes yet. I think it grows on me as I look at it. Sometimes you just call it good :) Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.