Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Feeling Behind!

Wow! I am really feeling behind the ball this week. I have been waiting and waiting for insurance approval for a trial  of a spinal cord implant. Then last Monday evening the doctor's office called and said they had just received the approval and would like to do the surgery on Wednesday. We have waited so long for this procedure that we decided to jump in. Sooo... I am at the tail end of the trial and feeling pretty good. I will have the wires and leads removed tomorrow and we will make the final decision on going forward with the permanent implant. The purpose is for helping to reduce pain I've been having for several years now due to nerve damage done during surgery on both of my feet. Praying this is the answer.

Anyway. I was talking about being behind. Last Saturday a new drill went up on the S.W.A.T blog. This one challenged us to double down and show our skills on a two page sketch created by our very own design team member Janessa. The sketch was fabulous to work with and we all know that I am a double page layout lover so this was right up my alley. I had some pictures from the Wray Days parade several years ago. It's funny to look at these pictures because we are usually overheated, sweating and miserable since this weekend is at the end of July. For some odd reason the weather was off this year and we were miserably cold instead. Since we had travelled thinking warm summer weather we had nothing warm to wear the entire weekend and had to go to the good ol' local Alco to grab whatever warm gear they had. Amazingly they had sweat outfits that actually fit the boys. Anyway, despite the cold weather the boys had their fun collecting lots of candy as usual :)

Here is the sketch we worked with:


And here is my take:

The Simple Stories Urban Traveler collection was a perfect color combo and fun line to use for the parade. I was lucky to have picked some up the last time I was in Archivers. I also used some My Mind's Eye Washi and burlap Thickers.

Head over and try your hand at the  sketch. Even if doubles aren't your usual thing it's good to stretch yourself once in awhile and it's easier than you think. Janessa's sketch makes it easy to carry elements from one side to the other to tie the pages together and keep the eyes moving across the layout. Try it out and link it up. There is a fabulous prize involved and a chance to be a featured designer on the blog.

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Love the layout!! So many little details to see, too! GREAT job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout using the sketch & Traveler's collection! I just happened to find your blog while blog surfing today. I also love scrapping two page layouts, which I do 90% of the time. I joined your blog.....I am a SW Kansas girl, only 18 miles from my place to the Colorado line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @csewy-csescrap13
    thanks so much for your fun comment. I'm super glad you joined the blog. I did nothing but two page until a little over a year ago. Now I enjoy a little of both but the two page always seems to be the ones I love best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous double layout. SS is one of my favourite lines. This is gorgeous. Love your layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.