Saturday, March 16, 2013

S.W.A.T team Color Challenge

Yeah! I am so ready for the weekend. Yesterday was gorgeous outside and today is a little blah, but at least there is no snow and it is feeling a little springy. Today I am sharing a design team layout I made for S.W.A.T. This week we are hosting a color challenge. I had just found this awesome paper collection Here and There from Studio Calico. I loved the paper with the bikes and the grid with the clouds. I knew it would be perfect for these pics of Chris learning to ride his bike. I can totally remember this day so clearly in my mind. His excitement was through the roof and he picked it up so quickly. It wasn't long after he was popping wheelies and scaring us and the neighbors next door. We had this sweet older couple that just loved our kids and Dave would come over or call and say that he and Gail were watching Chris out the window and were so worried he was going to fall and hurt himself because he was so crazy. About two months after this we got Chris his first "big bike" for his birthday and he went out like a crazy man and fell on his first ride and broke his femur. Maybe we should have kept the training wheels on! 


We were given the following Color Pallet to play with. All of the colors are in the bicycle paper. 



What do you think about these colors. I like how they worked together.  Take a chance and come play with us at S.W.A.T  this week and link up a new layout. There is a $10 gift card to spend at 3 Scrappy Boys you could win.

Off to enjoy the weekend. See ya soon!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Wow this seems like yesterday! The first in many broken body parts for Chris. Love that kid!! Love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.