Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day...Who's in?



Today is World Card Making Day and in honor of such a spectacular occasion I am going to share a few of the cards I made and sent out this last year. Cards are something I love to make because they generally come together a bit faster than a layout and give a sense of having completed something in the midst of my busy life! I do love putting a little extra love into the cards I send, a piece of me to those that I care about. 

This first card was one I made for my Mother In Law.  I used my Cricut to cut several layers and sizes of the flower so that it would stand out and add dimension to the card. I also cut the flourish and the butterfly using my Cricut. Handy little machine!

This next card was actually made out of fabric. I found a cute little set of fabric squares at Joanne's and since I don't sew but love the cute patterns I figured I would use it on a card. Both the square background as well as the bottom two layers of the flower are made of fabric. For the flower I took strips of fabric and ruffled the strip around a Gluber. Very easy.

 

Cards are an easy way to give a gift to a teacher. I always loved to find a different type of gift card to give to my children's teachers that I thought would let them have some fun spending on themselves.

I am off to my craft room to spend some time making what else??? Cards! I actually have the day to myself as my hubby and older son are at the Air Force game in the Springs and my youngest is at a friends. I am scheduled to play chauffeur in a bit for him and his friend but until then it is laundry and card making :)

Hope to check in with you a little later and share some fun cards. How many of you are going to make cards today or scrap anything?? What plans do the rest of you have?

If you make a card or project of any sort today I would love for you to link it up. I promise to come check it out and maybe some of my followers will too? Let's share the love!
Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.