Friday, January 10, 2014

Scrap Your Stash Blog Hop with Practical Scrappers

Woohoo! So excited to be part of a fun use your stash blog hop with Practical Scrappers today. If you are here after visiting Kerri's site, Welcome! If you just stopped in there are tons of amazing crafters with projects for you to see today and some of them even have prizes. I may even be one of those with a fun prize... you may have to read to the bottom to see :) Just sayin'. Let's get started

CHA is this weekend and that means the industry is putting out all kinds of fabulous new product.  So what better time to kick off our new monthly series of Scrapping our Stash! I don't about you but my craft room is full of stuff, great stuff but lots of stuff! The idea of working through what I have (to make room for the new stuff coming out, of course!) is so appealing to me and when I look through my tons of paper and embellies I still am in love with so many of the older lines. Today I am going to share a couple of pages I put together for my husband's parents album. I add pages from the year to an ongoing album that I have kept for them for the last 12 years.

The pictures on this first page were taken at the special anniversary dinner we had for our parents for their fiftieth anniversary. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful, loving relationship to look to and to pass on to our kids. I thought this old Basic Grey line, Little Black Dress went well with the theme with the gold accents it has. I used my Cricut and Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge to cut the title, the number  and the flourish. I covered each of these in Glossy Accents to give that raised, shiny look. 


The next page I did uses an old Little Yellow Bicycle line, Hello Fall. We took Dad on the Cog Rail train up to Pike's Peak for his seventieth birthday. He loves trains and was thrilled to go until he got to the top of the mountain and had some heart problems due to the altitude. The next train ride will definitely stay on lower ground! I found these little wooden fall accents in my stash but they were out of their container so I can't remember where they came from. Aren't they cute though?



So that is what I have to share for this month's Scrap Your Stash segment. Now for the prize. Since this is all about the stash, I have a goodie box filled with fun stuff from my own stash. I'll give you a few clues since I don't have a picture. There is a little washi, some fun wooden embellies, letters and a bit more. I promise it is all good stuff...no scrap crap here :) (I once went to a crop where they had scrap crap drawings all night long and some of it was OLD so I had to say it! It was fun though.) In order to qualify for my prize just leave me a comment and tell me if you have a huge scrap stash or if you are not one to hoard. I would love for you to pick one of the ways in the right hand column to follow my blog and let me know which way you do. That's it. Easy Peasy. I will draw a winner and let you know who was picked in one of my upcoming blog posts.

Kim Ryden is next on the list. If you want a full list check out the bottom of my post. And a special shout out to the big sponsor of today's hop: Kiwi Lane Designs! For information on how to win the big blog hop prize make sure you follow the directions on the Practical Scrappers website.

Lisa


Practical Scrappers Blog Hop List
Practical Scrappers
Charissa Miller
Lisa Peeples YOU ARE HERE!


16 comments:

  1. Love your layouts! You certainly used up lots of stash :) I had to laugh at the scrap crap comment....one persons crap is anothers treasure tho :) Im a new follower, not cuz of the giveaway but because your blog is so fun....Im so happy I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it!!! My kids call the "scrapping nook" my crap room - not scrap room! Beautiful pages - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Great projects Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layouts. I follow you via bloglovin'. I have a huge stash of crafting supplies and do tend to hoard my goodies for a little while before I use them..
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I don't have a lot but its been growing ;-( but now I have some new inspiration. Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layouts Lisa!! Your sweet to do pages for your in-laws. Please exclude me from your drawing. I'm in the midst or organizing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a hoarder, no question about it! Don't throw anything away- you never know when it will be perfect. That being said I love your layouts and the stories about your family. I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those layouts!!! Perfect choice of papers. I am/was a hoarder, and have a big scrap stash...but I started using my stash late of last year, so I am slllooowwwly getting through. BUT I could always use more! :)
    I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used your stash...it's fun to come up with different color and pattern themes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Total hoarder and I have my share of scrap crap although I try to weed it out every so often! Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a hoarder but working my way through it! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages Lisa!! I am a paper hoarder and cannot throw anything away--even the smallest of scraps end up back in the the collections I use!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow awesome 2 pagers and amazing photos! Love the design on both.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so lovely! I love two page layouts -- and I love that photo grid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newbie to paper crafting so sure my hoard is older stock. Dont know how I'd ever know what to pick in single sheets so variety packs, Marshalls and Big lots deals and thrifts piled . Guess I can use for practice or 2 yr old can go to town with his messy skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.