Saturday, September 21, 2013

S.W.A.T Drill with Fancy Pants

Good morning! I am excited to share the newest drill and layout from the S.W.A.T team today. It is a sketch with a twist challenge and the twist is to use twine. Bev Code provided our sketch and I loved it from the moment I saw it.


Awesome sketch, right? I knew right away which picture I was going to scrap because my scrappy friend Stacey had just given me a 5x7 picture of Chris and his best friend Creighton along with several papers and embellishments from the Fancy Pants Memories Captured collection. She had bought the same supplies for herself and we were each going to scrap our own layout and then see what we each came up with. It's a way for us to "scrap together" while still far apart. I have mentioned how much I miss my best scrappy friend, right?? Anyway, here is the layout I came up with.



What an awesome picture, huh?? Don't let those two cute smiles fool you. When these two are together you never know what will happen next. I love looking at this photo and remembering how super cute these kiddos were and how much fun they had growing up together. Now they are both in junior high and still cute in that junior high kind of way (wouldn't they love me saying that?)

I won't leave you hanging. I plan to share Stacey's take on this photo challenge soon. In the meantime why don't you take a stab at Bev's sketch and link up to the S.W.A.T. site. There is a gift certificate to 3 Scrappy Boys at stake! Don't forget to get your twine on there too.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh such a cute page and LOVE the colors and fun twine with the embellies!!!

    congrats on winning the card kit.. I will send your info off to Apron Strings :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.