Monday, August 12, 2013

Sunbursts with Practical Scrappers

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow.... ok. Done with that. But tomorrow is the first day of school and after a crazy summer with teenage boys I can't say I'm too heartbroken. Maybe a tiny bit, but the whole schedule thing and a little bit of structure is really needed here. And with school starting it means football games start soon and this football mama is looking forward to that!

Today I have a layout created for the On Trend post at Practical Scrappers. We are focusing on sunbursts today. I love the look of sunbursts and have created several layouts and cards using the fun rays. For today's project I decided to take a little different turn and created a cover for the notebook that I keep to house all of my crafty ideas, deadlines, random thoughts, title ideas, sketches...etc. Up to this point it has just been a boring red composition notebook, not much to spark creativity. Now I'm loving the look of it!


Love these papers from the Echo Park Here and Now collection. I decided to go bright and a little bit girly since I don't have that chance too often. I live in a boy world so I try to add some cheer and girl wherever I can! I love the sunbursts and the fun Epiphany Craft hearts. The only do over I really would love to have done is the background. My original idea didn't work so I had to cover it up a bit and make the best of it. I'm getting so much better at embracing my mistakes and moving forward but it sure wasn't easy to not just trash it and start a new one. Only the fact that my notebook is already half filled with ideas and begging for me to continue kept me going :)

Happy Monday and here's to a great rest of the week!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.